Annons:
Tagrecipes
Read 1675 times
Tammie
2018-08-17 17:28

Buckwheat GF Apple Cake

Hello, I was just killing time looking at pintrest and ran across the recipe below. I went to the author’s website and feel almost like I have made a new friend in blogger Melinda Vertlieb. I love her writing style and she has four cats! I have found a recipe for Apple Cake that I can’t wait to try! Please go to her website and check out her blog and Apple Cake recipe! http://cookingalamel.com/2013/09/buckwheat-apple-cake-gluten-free.html?crlt.pid=camp.c1lsqRvJumvj Buckwheat Apple Cake (Gluten Free) yields one 9-inch round cake serves about 8 3 cups apples, chopped (from 4-5 medium apples) 2 tsp cinnamon 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour 1 tsp cinnamon 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp kosher salt 6 Tbsp butter 1 cup plain greek yogurt (I love Chobani) 1/2 cup honey 1/2 tsp liquid stevia (or 1/2 cup more honey) 2 eggs 1 Tbsp vanilla extract 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar), for topping 1/2 tsp cinnamon, for topping Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9-inch round pan with parchment paper (or grease). Toss the chopped apples and 2 tsp of cinnamon together in a large bowl; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir the buckwheat flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the yogurt, and beat until well combined. Add the honey, liquid stevia, eggs, and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in the cinnamon apples. Combine the coconut sugar (or brown sugar) and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl for the topping. Scoop the batter into the prepared cake pan, smoothing with a spatula. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake at 350ºF for about 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Store leftovers, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator. https://cookingalamel.com/2013/09/buckwheat-apple-cake-gluten-free.html

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Leia
2018-08-17 22:19

Normally I wouldn't like the sound of apple cake but her's looks absolutely delicious!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tammie
2018-08-18 20:19

Yes, I think I will be making one of these cakes this fall.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-08-20 11:05

I could probably eat one myself. It looks very good and I like buckwheat. But that ingredient list! It's huge. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: