Annons:
Tagstravelreviews
Read 1886 times
Leia
2019-04-23 14:04

GF Review: 3 Squared, Manchester.

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I finally got to try the only restaurant (that I know of) whose dishes are completely free from Gluten, dairy, wheat & refined sugar in Manchester!

3 Squared first open its doors on the 1st of December 2018 in the Royal Exchange Arcade, Manchester.  Their mission is to cater for every preference from gluten-free-vegans to meat-lovers alike, there is an option on their menu guaranteed to hit your nourishment needs for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The restaurant was a cool heaven on a hot summers day. Tucked away at the end of the Royal Exchange Arcade, it is situated among all the designer shops and appears very posh!

Although the menu was limited it offered light, easy tasty meals. My boyfriends and I went for the Eggs Benedict and Eggs Royal, while the GF bread was lovely I was disappointed to find it wasn't toasted, but I really enjoyed the hollandaise sauce.  Another downside of my experience was the waiting time for food, it seemed like forever and considering the simplicity of the food order it did not seem necessary.

Another flaw was the oat milk in the smoothies,  oats are not  gluten-free and can contain Gluten, for someone with coeliac disease/severe allergy this could have caused a serious issue.   This also made me wonder if the pancakes would be made with oat milk?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2019-04-23 18:35

Do you think you’ll go back again?

Niklas
2019-04-24 10:59

How much did meals cost? Did you notify them of the oat milk?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-04-24 13:28

#1 I think I would if it was elsewhere, Manchester has an array of restaurants I want to try first before going back to the same ones.

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-04-24 13:30

Makes sense! 😊

Leia
2019-04-24 13:34

#2 The meals were less than £10 each which considering the location and normal price of a city centre lunch I thought was very reasonable. But no, I did not address the oat milk, perhaps if the staff were more chatty and approachable I would have.

All the best, Leia

jordan
2019-04-25 21:30

What constitutes as refined sugar? I'm not aware of sugar being an allergen at all.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-04-25 21:40

White sugar is refined.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-04-26 13:03

#6 I don’t think it’s about allergies, I think it’s about health and nutrition.

All the best, Leia

jordan
2019-04-29 21:07

#8 Ah that makes more sense, I hadn't heard of it specifically being an allergen.

Scroll to top
Annons: