Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1852 times
Leia
2019-02-12 23:40

Coeliac Clinical Trial

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

We know there is currently no cure for Coeliac Disease! However, there is a bunch of articles floating around which discuss the possibility of a vaccine or a type of medication to allow those will coeliac to eat Gluten again without suffering the side effects. 

I recently saw a clinical trial for coeliacs, in which participants would stick to a normal GF Diet but also eat 3 slices of bread each day for 13 days. The payout was £1,800.

If I was to take part I know I would feel very ill for the duration and some time afterwards, but I would get a good sum of money and know my participation was going to a great cause, but I'm still not 100% sure if it is worth it.

Would you consider taking part in this or any other kind of Coeliac trial? 

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2019-02-13 00:39

I think I would do it for a migraine trial (I don’t have coelics but chronic migraine) if I wasnt working or studying during the duration. It would be painful but I think worth it for the effort to find a treatment.

Niklas
2019-02-13 12:28

#0: Would you be getting some sort of medical treatment/sugar pills during the trial? I mean, would there be a chance that you don't get as sick as you suspect?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-14 00:31

With Coeliac Disease, ingesting any form of Gluten, even extremely small traces will have a long term effect on how my immune system operates (which has a whole host other negative effects) and cause damage to my small intestine. Getting sick would be inevitable and may even cause more harmful effects in the long run.

#1 Thus, in case of a migraine trial I could see the benefits as it would only be more short term. But I would also avoid during studying, it definitely wouldn't be worth it experiencing that at such an important time. 

#2 Knowing this, would you still choose to participate?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-02-14 16:53

#3: No, I would not participate since there seems to be no chance for a positive outcome for you.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: