Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1032 times
Leia
2018-12-01 01:01

Beef Stew with Root Veggies

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The cold is coming and nothing warms you up better than a bowl of hot stew! The great thing about stews is that they are affordable and easy to make and can last you a good few days if you're cooking for one like myself!

This recipe is super basic so you will only need minimal ingredients:

Soup broth base - 

Olive oil

Butter

3 garlic cloves

Diced yellow onion 

Tomato puree 

Paprika

Salt

Pepper

Beef Stock Cubes (I use Asda own as many stock cubes contain gluten)

Corn flour

Main Ingredients-

Lead diced beef

2 Parsnips

2 Carrots

1/2 Swede 

Chopped Fresh Parsley to garnish

I managed to get all my veg in stew pack for £1 and 500g of beef for £2.50 from Lidl, I had the rest of the ingredients in my pantry so this meal has cost me only £3.50 and will last me for several days!

Top tips -

Make sure to simmer the broth and beef for at least 2 hours to ensure its beautifully tender, I then drop in the veg for a further 30 minutes, that way isn't too mushy.  

Also if you prefer your broth a little thicker, just remove a cup of cooking liquid from the pan and stir in some cornflour. Add the flour mixture back into the pan, stir and thicken!

Finally, if you fancy you can add a can of gluten-free beer for taste, also if you can find gluten-free Worcester sauce add a drop of that and let me know where to get some because I can't a GF version anywhere!!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2018-12-02 14:14

Hmm maybe have a look at the vegan alternatives? Not sure if you’ll have any luck but it’s worth a try.

Scroll to top
Annons: