Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1264 times
Leia
2018-11-05 21:49

GFQ Closure :(

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

GFQ (Gluten Free Queen), the first ever fully gluten-free takeaway, announced its closure this week.

I only had the chance at visiting the takeaway in Huddersfield, UK the one time but I have been following their story on Facebook.  The women who ran the shop seemed so passionate about what they had achieved and were so lovely when I visited, even giving me lots of free samples of other GF products, it is such a shame that it had come to an end.

However…

You'll still be able to take advantage of some of their delicious gluten-free cuisine! They are now trading under the name of Gourmet Food Queen.

This means they will l no longer be operating 100% Gluten free. There was simply not enough clientele to sell only GF. They will still provide gluten-free options upon request, but please be advised they are no longer coeliac accredited because of costs involved.  But from my experience, coeliac accredited or not they knew what they were doing and I have trust in there food being GF and free from Cross-contamination.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2018-11-05 22:38

Awh that is a bummer!

jordan
2018-11-05 23:04

That's too bad! Do they have other takeaways elsewhere or is the one in Huddersfield the only one?

Tammie
2018-11-06 04:39

Oh no, that is not good. Sad

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2018-11-07 01:04

#2 just Huddersfield☹️ I would love to see if the business did well in a busier city.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-11-08 00:36

I bet it would, especially with the uptrend of GF places to eat! The only issue I assume would be the astronomical rents that cities can bring.

Scroll to top
Annons: