Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1892 times
Leia
2018-10-11 14:20

Salmon Sushi Salad

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Love sushi but don't have the skill or time to create delicate little sushi rolls? Then a sushi salad can be your answer!

Perhaps not the most grammable of meals, but if you have a good eye and the right bowl, this could look really pretty.

For a one-person portion you will need:

• 100g sushi rice
  • 50g frozen edamame beans
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 sheet nori, torn
  • handful pomegranate seeds
  • 50g smoked salmon, cut into bite-sized slices
  • 1 small avocado , stoned, peeled and sliced
  • 1 tsp black sesame seeds
  • sushi ginger, to serve (optional)
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
  • 1 tsp soy sauce

The Method:

• Rinse the sushi rice really well and put in a small saucepan covered with 200ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins with the lid on. Remove from the heat and keep the lid on for 15 mins before transferring to a serving bowl.
  • Meanwhile, pour boiling water over the edamame and leave to defrost until the rice is cooked. To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients, then set aside.
  • Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick pan and add the nori. Cook for 1-2 mins on a medium heat until crisp.
  • To assemble the salad, drain the edamame, then tip onto the rice along with the pomegranate seeds and salmon. Fan out the avocado slices on top and sprinkle over the black sesame seeds. Drizzle over the dressing and top with slices of sushi ginger, if you like.

Recipe from:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/salmon-sushi-salad

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Tealover
2018-10-11 14:28

Another way is to make what a swedish tv chef called "Sushi tacos". you cut the nori i 4 pieces, make the rice and other ingredients. put everything on the table and you fill the nori a little bit like tortillas (hence the name).

The only bad thing with it is that it takes more nori so it's more expensive

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Leia
2018-10-12 21:39

#1 I like that idea! Especially if there are a few people tucking in, it would also make it more fun for kids as they'd get to build their own taco.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: