Annons:
Tagstravelreviews
Read 1404 times
Leia
2018-05-13 21:25

Saturday Night GF Takeaway

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

Last night was family night, that means we all sit on the sofa around the TV whilst watching Eurovision 2018 with a Chinese takeout!!

Being gluten-free,  I know one of the biggest struggles is finding GF takeaway options and it completely depends on the area where you live. Luckily, I found a restaurant that is around a 25-minute drive from my house that offers takeaway for collection.

Jamps Wine Bar and Cantonese Restaurant in Tickhill, South Yorkshire did not disappoint.  Although the menu is not marked GF, all the staff are very well informed and the kitchen goes to great lengths to prevent Cross-contamination. I could have everything I wanted other than the sweet and sour dishes due to traces of Gluten in the sauce.

They do offer GF batter though, I demolished the Fried King Prawn with Ginger & Spring Onions In loveit definitely makes the drive and the higher prices worth it!  

Do you have any local takeaways that offer GF options?  What takeaway do you miss the most?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
jordan
2018-05-14 21:01

With the way some takeaways are in the UK, it really surprises me that GF options exist, especially Chinese food considering how soy sauce is common in many dishes!

Leia
2018-05-15 19:04

#1 That is true! Given Jamps is first and foremost a restaurant, it is understandable that they provide more options and take more care in their preparation.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-05-16 21:22

#2 Oh that's good then! Hopefully more of these places will arise in the future.

Scroll to top
Annons: