Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1352 times
Leia
2018-05-07 22:52

GF review: Nandos, UK

Nando's is an international casual dining chain originating in South Africa but has become one of the most popular franchises in the UK.

Although items are not marked gluten-free on the menu, from my experience visiting different locations up and down the country, most of the staff are helpful and have a good awareness of allergens and Cross-contamination. There is also a very clear allergen book that points out the gluten-free options on offer! My only advice would be to always ask for plain chips as the piri piri salt  contains traces of wheat and rye.

Today my boyfriend returned home after graduating from his university in America so I treated him to the full sharer platter, which contained a Whole chicken and 4 regular sides! We chose the fries, corn on the cob and chargrilled veg.

This came to around £21 for the two of us which is an absolute steal for the amount of food we got. Nandos is great for either a takeout, a quick lunch or a sit-down dinner and thus is a safe haven for any gluten-free foodies. 

I had taken a picture but my phone glitched and lost the images Sad I'll be sure to upload one when I visit again.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
jordan
2018-05-07 23:05

Nandos is one of my favorite places to eat! Well priced and good chicken! Also I believe most of their supermarket range is Gluten free as well, which means you can also try to make it yourself.

Niklas
2018-05-08 08:35

Do they have dishes that are not with chicken too?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-05-08 13:23

#1 Have you done any dishes yourself at home then?🙂

#2 They do! They offer a range of veggie meals and the 'supergreen and sweet potato 7 butternut pittas' can be made vegan if you ask for no mayonnaise! However, the pittas, burgers and wrap aren't offered with any special Gluten free bread so I haven't tried them myselfSad

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-05-08 13:39

Okay.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-05-08 23:13

Ooh sweet potato!

jordan
2018-05-08 23:32

#3 Tried making the spicy rice before and it came out fairly decently, but the chicken itself has been a more difficult affair Crying

Annons:
Hannah5590
2018-05-12 20:04

You can also make Nando’s fairly healthy! If you have the butterfly chicken breast and then either spicy rice or veg sides it’s not too bad for you!

Scroll to top
Annons: