Annons:
Tagrecipes
Read 1519 times
Evelina
2018-03-21 17:38

Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake (or Cupcakes)

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

This recipe is an all time favourite of mine! I've made it countless times and so far everyone has loved it! Laughing

You can tweak it to your liking, for example try vegan eggs instead, etc. Try adding more sugar if you aren't into really dark chocolate. 

The most recent time I made this, my flat mate and I didn't want to wait an hour for the cake to bake. So, we made cupcakes instead. They were perfection! Instead of 60 min, each tray took exactly 15 min. Make sure to use cupcake liners in the cupcake form otherwise it will not work!

I serve this topped with a reduced raspberry sauce and vanilla ice creamIn love

Ingredients: 

• 12 ounces baking dark chocolate 70%, roughly chopped

• 1 cup (2 sticks) plus 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks

• 1 1/2 cup sugar

• 6 eggs (also works with vegan eggs)

• 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 

• 1 tablespoon milk (I use oat milk)

• 1 tablespoon honey (or brown sugar)

• 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract

Method: 

1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray, then line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper. Spray the paper with cooking spray, too, then set the pan aside.

2. Place two-thirds (8 ounces) of the chocolate and 1 cup (2 sticks) of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stirring often, melt chocolate with butter until completely blended. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. (Alternatively, you may use your microwave to melt the butter with the chocolate, if desired). Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Sift cocoa into bowl and stir until just blended. 

3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake has risen and top has formed a thin crust. The cake should be just firm in the center when done. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate, removing sides of springform pan. Remove and discard parchment paper and set cake aside to cool completely. 

4. Meanwhile, make the chocolate glaze. Melt remaining 4 ounces chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, then stir in milk, honey and vanilla. Set aside to cool slightly. 

5. When cake has cooled, pour glaze onto the center. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, very gently smooth glaze along the top and sides of the cake. Chill cake, uncovered, for 30 to 60 minutes before serving to set the glaze and make the cake easier to slice.

Enjoy!

Annons:
Maddie
2018-03-22 07:40

Spraying the pan, how very american. Laughing out loud

The cupcake looks insanely good, i will save this recipe for my sister to make (she is a pastry cook), do you think you can make this with a real vanilla… (i don't know what it is called.. Vanilla stick?)?

vendelay
2018-03-23 17:05

What do you use as vegan eggs? Is it a product called "vegan eggs" or is it something else? 🙂

Evelina
2018-03-23 17:40

In the states you can buy vegan eggs in a carton or egg powder replacement for baking, haven’t found that sold in Sweden though. Otherwise you can mix flaxseed or chia seeds and water, or baking soda and vinegar&citrus), or applesauce. Just keep in mind that since there is no flour, the “eggs” act as a binder and a leavening agent. In order to replace them adequately it is best to do a mix of egg alternatives, with some working to make the cake rise and some to act as a binder. For example, arrowroot powder works as a binder that can work in combination with baking powder, baking soda & citrus mix. (: I can also post a recipe that is similar to this but uses other flours such as almond flour. It is easier to bake as vegan since there is a flour type in it.

Evelina
2018-03-23 17:41

Yes, you can make it with real vanilla, or vanilla sugar.

Evelina
2018-03-23 17:42

Real vanilla bean I mean, don’t know the name of it eithjust scrape the

Evelina
2018-03-23 17:42

On my phone sorry! Just scrape the beans out of the vanilla (:

Annons:
vendelay
2018-03-24 22:41

#3 Okay, thank you! VeganEgg from Follow Your Heart is sold in Sweden, and also NoEgg but I haven't tried either.

Evelina
2018-03-24 22:51

#7 Oh cool! Never seen it before at the hemköp I shop at. Is it sold in speciality stores or perhaps ica?

Leia
2018-03-25 15:18

I think we need to make these again! They were too good.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-03-25 16:06

#9 Let's make the other recipe that I mentioned to vendelay! Its less heavy and rich since there is Gluten free flour in it.

vendelay
2018-03-27 21:48

#8 I'm not sure where I've seen NoEgg, I never remember which store is ICA or COOP or Hemköp or whatever Laughing out loud VeganEgg have I only seen at Goodstores (Hornstull & Medborgarplatsen in Stockholm).

Evelina
2018-03-27 21:56
Scroll to top
Annons: