Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1389 times
Leia
2018-02-16 17:43

How do people react when you say I'm gluten-free?

I can relate to this video so much, the sandwich guy is the worst Laughing out loud

What about you guys?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Tammie
2018-02-19 04:10

I had to go on a Gluten Free diet for six weeks back in 2006. It was a suggestion by Dr's to rule out the possibility of a Gluten Intolerance or allergy. It wasn't as common back then and I had many people that I knew get very annoyed with me. People that I thought were my friends. One friend told me that she wished that I would quit being so self centered and think of how it affects my friends when I won't eat the same foods as them.  I tried to explain that I was ill and just trying to feel better. And she said, "get over it, there is nothing wrong with you, you are just self centered." Sad

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2018-02-19 14:01

I've had similar experiences Tammie! When I was first getting diagnosed with coeliac people would excuse me of throwing up as a means of attention!Horrified Luckily all my friends and family were really understanding, many made special gluten-free cupboards full of food in case I visited. A few friends even had to change which restaurant they wanted to go for their birthday meal just so I could come, they never made it a problem Glad

I think negative responses just show the lack of understanding of how serious GF intolerances and diseases are.

All the best, Leia

Tammie
2018-02-19 20:02

I agree! Smile

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-25 20:13

#1 I am really sorry to hear that Tammie Sad

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-25 20:16

Yes this things truly shows you who are your friends and who are your foes. As for me, I am going with by boyfriends quote. "I do not give a crap what people say or think about me, it is their problem and not mine" I started go after his quote few years back and man if life has started to bee easier when i could not care less about judgemental fools, what they think or say Laughing

Leia
2018-02-26 12:38

Preach it!! #5

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: