Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1544 times
Evelina
2018-02-15 08:59

Gluten Free Alcohol

Do you know which kinds of alcohol and which brands are Gluten free safe? 

I know that whiskey and beer are definitely not safe, but what about gin and vodka?

Annons:
Leia
2018-02-15 09:53

Beer is always a no-no unless it has been specifically made gluten-free, I'm seeing more GF beer options appear in hotels, pubs and restaurants. Cider is a great (and I would argue tastier) substitute.

I recently took part in the Jameson Distillery tour in Dublin, Ireland and to my surprise, they claim that due to their distilling process.  I had a drink and had no subsequent reaction, but yes, whiskey is derived from barley so is not naturally GF. I would advise to always check the brand's website if you are unsure and do not rely on an online list like this (see below) as they are often outdated.

http://urbantastebud.com/gluten-free-whiskey-list/

Regarding vodka, my go-to is Smirnoff and I always avoid Absolut vodka.  Gin, like most drinking, spirts with a grain base is a tricky one, and some coeliacs may want to avoid them all together. However, the followings brands claim they are suitable for people living gluten-free: PinksterWilliam’s ChaseVII Hills and Chilgrove Gin.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-02-18 14:30
Granja Del Toro
2018-02-19 17:52

#2 Bacardi is Gluten free, because Bacardi is made of cane sugar. Ouzo is Gluten free because it is made of herbs, mainly Anis. But what ever you do, stay away from Smirnoff, Vodka and Koskenkorva, because thous drinks are made from wheat…

Scroll to top
Annons: