Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1432 times
Leia
2018-02-09 00:15

gluten-free vs gluten containing foods

Do you think there is a difference in the taste and quality of gluten-free foods to gluten-containing foods? Which do you prefer? Do you have any comparisons of specific examples? Let us know!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2018-02-18 14:30

I think the main difference for me is the consistancy of bread.

Leia
2018-02-19 14:06

I would agree Evelina, I always buy my GF bread from the supermarket and it definitely feels heavier than normal bread. When I was in America one restaurant had a delicious homemade fluffy and light loaf, I want to eventually learn to make my own bread and hopefully, it will taste as good as theirs.

All the best, Leia

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-25 20:25

It all depends on how they are made. There are some terrible once and there are some heavenly delicious once. For instance the Gluten free pizza base in Finland is absolutely disgusting since it is made of rice flour and maize starch. But in Australia they used different type of Gluten free flour and made the pizza base in a stone oven. And that pizza base taste like Italian stone oven baked pizza base, even if it was Gluten free. Most of the Gluten free bread in Australia was terrible except for the Gluten free fruit loaf and the Gluten free wrap bread. The absolute magnificent Gluten free buns i have ever eaten and that actually taste like non Gluten free freshly made buns directly from oven is the once that you find in Lidl in Finland. Most likely you'd find them in Sweden too… the buns are in an orange yellow package in the frozen section. I absolutely LOVE this buns…So yeah, it all depends on how they are made…

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-25 20:31

#2 Try go to nearest Lidl and see if they have Gluten free buns in the freezer section, you are going to LOVE those buns. They are not heavy and they are as fluffy and tasty as normal buns…🙂 Unfortunately I do not remember the brand on those Gluten free buns. So I have to update that later..Laughing

Leia
2018-02-26 12:33

#3 I always shop at Lidl and I've never seen any fresh or frozen GF buns here in Sweden or the UKSad

All the best, Leia

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-26 16:36
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

#3 I see, they should import it from Finland this buns, I noticed it was a finnish company that makes Gluten free products, called Myllyn Kivi. Next time you visit Finland, visit lidl and hamster a lot of myllyn kivi buns back home to sweden, or ask lidl in Sweden to start import them from Finland. 🙂

If you hamster them from finland you can put them in the freezer for use later. But best would bee if lidl in Sweden started to import myllykivi Gluten free products to Sweden.🙂

Annons:
Leia
2018-02-27 20:34

#3 they look good! But I forgot I have seen GF oat buns in Lidl (Sweden) but they weren't nice to taste.

All the best, Leia

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-28 11:04

#7 Sorry to hear that. Yeah you should try this next time. This tastes like real oat buns should taste like, even as Gluten free.

Scroll to top
Annons: