Annons:
Tagrecipes
Read 1905 times
Leia
2018-01-31 16:34

Gluten Free Fishcake Recipe

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 8
Preview of image 2 of 8
Preview of image 3 of 8
Preview of image 4 of 8
Preview of image 5 of 8
Preview of image 6 of 8
Preview of image 7 of 8
Preview of image 8 of 8

I came across this amazing fishcake recipe by BBC GoodFood that uses things you'll most likely have in your storecupboard/pantry. No bread crumbs needed!

The website it came from said it would take under 30 minutes but I would give it 45/50 minutes to prep and cook.  I also did not have any fresh lemons or chives so I substituted them for pre-squeezed lemon juice and dried tarragon instead. 

I'm very happy with the out come and would definitely make these again, I have attached pictures to show you the process.  Please post pictures if you try this out, hopefully they will look prettier than mine. 

Ingredients:

• 2 large potatoes

Potato

(about 550g/1lb 4oz), cut into small chunks

• 2 x 120g cans of tuna

Tuna

in spring water, drained

• lemon

Lemon

, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges

• ½ small pack chives, snipped

• egg

Eggs

, beaten

• spring onions

Spring onions

, chopped

• 4 tbsp gluten-free mayonnaise

• 2 tbsp gluten-free flour

Flour

, for dusting

• 2 tbsp olive oil

olive oil

• mixed leaves, to serve

Method:

Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover in cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce to a simmer and cook for about 8 mins until tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry for 2 mins.

Mash the potatoes in a large bowl. Add the tuna and combine, breaking it up with a fork, then add the lemon juice and chives. Season well, add the egg and use your hands to bring everything together. Divide the mixture into 6 and shape into fishcakes. Chill for 10 mins to firm up.

Meanwhile, mix the spring onions with the mayonnaise and chill until ready to serve. To cook the fishcakes, heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and lightly dust the fishcakes with flour. Cook half for 3-4 mins each side until golden and warmed through, then repeat with the rest of the fishcakes.

Serve with the mayonnaise, a lemon wedge and some mixed leaves.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: