Annons:
Taggluten-free
Read 1623 times
Leia
2018-01-23 11:02

Do you recognise this Gluten Free symbol?

Hello!

I was wondering do you recognise this Gluten Free symbol?

This symbol from Coeliac UK is a common, quick and easy way of identifying foods that are not only Gluten free but, are safe and free of cross contamination thus are suitable for Coeliacs!

UK law states that only foods containing 20 parts per million of Gluten (ppm) can be labelled Gluten free. Therefore, confusion may arise when other universal brands and supermarkets create their own versions of the logo that does not adhere to UK law and put people with Coeliac at risk.

Coeliac UK is putting in great effort to ensure that their logo can be recognised at a European standard, however challenges remain for a universal symbol as countries like the US define what constitutes as Gluten free differently.

So have you ever seen this symbol before? Or perhaps seen any other variation on any products or at restaurants?  Let us know down below.

All the best,

Leia

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Leia
2018-02-09 18:20
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The pizza I bought for around 40SEK from Hemkop (Sweden) had a gluten-free symbol on!

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2018-02-12 20:24

I don’t remember ever seeing it.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-02-12 20:43

#3 keep your eyes peeled Niklas! you'd be surprised by how many things you may already own have it on!

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons: